Gray Pawns leader and Little Pawn extraordinaire Amanda suggested that we explore Pinterest as a tool for promoting Kris. We think she's on to something, but we need your help to make it happen!
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is an online pin board. In their own words, "Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web."
- Get an Account - access to Pinterest is by invitation only. Sign up here to request an invitation from Pinterest, or ask one of your fellow Pawns who already has an account to send you an invitation (let us know in the comments and we'll try to hook you up!)
- Explore... explore.... explore. Use Pinterest's Help Page to find answers to common questions. Or, ask your questions below.
- Answer Questions - Already know your way around Pinterest? Help out a member just getting started by answering some questions.
- Follow! Check out Sony's Pinterest Page to start getting some ideas for how music can be promoted here.
- Search Kris - Check out the 'Kris Allen' Pinterest search results to connect with other fans.
- Share Ideas - Help us brainstorm ways Pinterest can be used to promote Kris. Share your ideas in the comments!
- Build Your Boards - The best way to reach new audiences is to build out your Pinterest page with a wide variety of your intersts... that way, people who follow you for your awesome dessert recipes or decorating ideas will get the occasional tidbit about Kris and become new fans!
We've seen a lot of Pinterest chatter on Twitter, so we're going to extend this MotW for another week! Let us know how it's going, let us know what boards you've found, let us know what questions you have!
Update: According to this article, the best way to have your pins show up in searches is to work the relevant key words in to your pin description. So as you add Kris-related pins, be sure to add his name into the descriptions!