We're back to promote the spring leg of the 2013 Out Alive Tour, and we have a cool incentive to sweeten the pot. Keep reading to find out how you can have a chance at Kris recording a video of your song request!
What: Promotion Promotion Promotion!! Help us tell the world (or at least the citizens of your city) why they should see Kris in concert!
When: Now! We've listed the cities/shows we are currently promoting below. Check back often, as we'll add new cities as the tour progresses!
Where: Anywhere within 40-60 miles of a tour stop where you think future Kris fans are hiding! Coffee shops, record stores, malls, college campuses, other concerts! Take advantage of online options too! Know of a website that targets the local audience? Go for it!
Why: Wait, haven't we covered this already? People need to know what they're missing if they miss a Kris show!
And, oh yeah, we like cool prizes!
How: Well, this is where you can get creative (while still following some important do's and dont's below). For each city, we'll have a flyer ready for you to print and distribute (see below). The rest is up to you!
Remember, our ultimate goal is to positively promote Kris, so help make that happen by following these guidelines:
- Be Respectful. Remember, our goal is to promote Kris, not make people mad.
- Remember to get permission. College campuses, restaurants, coffee shops, music stores, bookstores, and community centers are all great places to hang flyers, but make sure you know the rules first!
- Be creative! Find new ways of promoting the show to local audiences beyond traditional flyer hanging!
- Be careful with adhesive materials. Choose something that won't do any damage when removed. Pay attention to what flyer-hangers before you have used in that spot.
- Get help. Turn this into a fun adventure with a friend. You'll be able to cover more ground and spread the word farther!
- Don't destroy property (Public or Private).
- Don't cover other flyers unless time frames have passed or there are multiple copies posted.
- Don't do anything to embarrass yourself, your family, or Kris.
- Don't put flyers on power poles, light poles, etc. This is against the law in many cities. Don't put flyers anywhere without permission. When in doubt, don't do it.
- Don't leave flyers or handouts on car windshields. This can be extremely annoying to drivers... not the way we want them connecting to Kris.
- Don't spam online sites. Make your posts relevant and according to website rules.
DID SOMEBODY SAY 'PRIZES'??
We did! Qualifying entries can win a Meet & Greet for the show in your city! Passes are limited, so make sure your entry is a strong one! To add a little incentive, Meet & Greet winners will also be able to send us a request for a song they'd like Kris to sing on video. Once the tour has ended, Kris will choose from all requests, record the song, and upload the video to share with fans.
I'M IN! NOW WHAT?
- Find your city below and click the link to download and print the flyer for that city.
- Identify your targets. Figure out where in your city future Kris fans are hiding, then go forth and flyer away (while still following the above guidelines)! Don't forget about online targets - local blogs, websites, etc... any site local Kris fans might visit that accepts reader posts or feedback!
- Document, document, document! Take pictures or video of your work. Get creative! Make sure your documentation shows all the awesome things you did (in person or online), then upload it somewhere we can find it.
- Complete this entry form thoroughly before the deadline for your city. You will be asked to provide a link to your photos/videos. Be sure to follow all directions on the form to ensure that your entry does not get disqualified. Note: by completing this entry form, you are giving us permission to use the pictures/videos to aid in our promotional efforts.
- We'll go through all the awesome entries for each city and award prizes! The more you do and the better you document, the greater your chances of winning something!
- Deadlines for entry are listed next to each city, and are just a couple of days prior to the show. Meet & Greet prize winners will have a VERY SHORT window of time to RSVP, so make sure you are checking your email and consider giving us alternate contact methods!
CITY AND PRIZE INFO
Click the city name below to access flyers for that show! Check back often... more cities will be added as we go! Special thanks to Michelle Bourey for allowing us to use her awesome photo in the flyer!
THE FINE PRINT
- Winners of Meet & Greet passes are responsible for purchasing their own show ticket and for their own transportation and expenses related to the show.
- Not all shows are open to all ages. If you are attempting to win a Meet & Greet prize, please check ticket restrictions.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow the guidelines spelled out above.
- In the event that a planned Meet & Greet cannot occur for some reason, we will substitute with a different prize.