Little Pawns

Valparaiso University - Valparaiso, IN [November 6, 2010]

There's still plenty of time to promote this show! Does anyone live in the area who can see if the university can promote Kris somehow, may it be through their college radio station or maybe this time we can make flyers of our own?

More info on the show here and tickets here.

Tags: University, Valparaiso

Views: 27

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I always assumed the college would not get behind any kind of official after party, which is fine.  That part will be simply by word of mouth.  

As for Kris or the bands involvement, it's best to count completely on that not happening.  

Elle Higgins said:

Jennie Picciola said:
I finally rec'd a response from the UPC dept at VU who is hosting the show. See below, I think we will have to keep the after party on the DL. I am expecting to have flyers form the bar to hand out to concert goers but out of respect for the venue we will have to be discreet about this and obviously they are not going to facilitate our efforts to notify Kris and the band of the party so we will have to slip them a flyer ourselves.

Valpo Upc
Valpo UpcNovember 1, 2010 at 1:31pm
Re: Kris Allen Show
Hi Jennie-

We appreciate all of the energy you are putting in to make this a great show for Kris. We are excited to have him here and think it will be a great time!

For publicity, we are definitely trying to hit up everywhere we can. Thanks for checking that out and helping us promote this show in as many places as possible.

In terms of the after party, we will be unable to encourage him to attend local bars. Because of our dry campus policy and our Lutheran affiliation, we cannot promote stars hanging out with students while drinking alcohol. We hope that you can understand. You are welcome to contact him yourself to ask but we cannot have any 'official' part of his after show choices.

Thanks again for helping to make this a great show. Please let us know if you have any other questions...

UPC

Oh, i never dreamed they would ask him to do that. and tbh, I really don't think we can arrange that. We can let him know but I raelly don't think we can promise r even suggest to the owner that we are trying to make that happen for him.

what I planned on doing is handing out flyers for a fan after party at the show. i'm sure we can do that - we just can't ask the school to ask Kris.
really wasn't asking them to "arrange" anything just wondered if they would hand him an invite of sorts from the owner of the bar a sort of "we're having an afterparty FYI in case you or the band can come hang out" I mean if they are going to go out that night better we suggest where the party's at right?
Anyway, no promises made to the bar owner about anything. He expressed his interest in having the band come by and I told him I would help facilitate getting that message to them but doubted the liklihood of their availability. don't worry though I was completely acting on my own from the start on these discussions with the bar owner so if this is not something you guys would do, then you can just say I acted alone. I do think though that if the bar owner has his promo mgr create some flyer for hand out to concert goers that we should do so providing LP approve of its content and method of distribution. Let me see what he comes up with first.

Elle Higgins said:

Jennie Picciola said:
I finally rec'd a response from the UPC dept at VU who is hosting the show. See below, I think we will have to keep the after party on the DL. I am expecting to have flyers form the bar to hand out to concert goers but out of respect for the venue we will have to be discreet about this and obviously they are not going to facilitate our efforts to notify Kris and the band of the party so we will have to slip them a flyer ourselves.

Valpo Upc
Hi Jennie-

We appreciate all of the energy you are putting in to make this a great show for Kris. We are excited to have him here and think it will be a great time!

For publicity, we are definitely trying to hit up everywhere we can. Thanks for checking that out and helping us promote this show in as many places as possible.

In terms of the after party, we will be unable to encourage him to attend local bars. Because of our dry campus policy and our Lutheran affiliation, we cannot promote stars hanging out with students while drinking alcohol. We hope that you can understand. You are welcome to contact him yourself to ask but we cannot have any 'official' part of his after show choices.

Thanks again for helping to make this a great show. Please let us know if you have any other questions...

UPC

Oh, i never dreamed they would ask him to do that. and tbh, I really don't think we can arrange that. We can let him know but I raelly don't think we can promise r even suggest to the owner that we are trying to make that happen for him.

what I planned on doing is handing out flyers for a fan after party at the show. i'm sure we can do that - we just can't ask the school to ask Kris.
oh absolutely jennie and you are doing a great job! I'm so excited about all of this!!!!!! :D :D :D (we'll def slip the band a flyer) :)
ok, so here's the thing. Since i created the Valpo page from the tour book and listed Franklin House as the best option for an old pub (which i heard they like), i thought it would be good that just in case he/they were to go there that the bar should be "ready" that they should have poster(s) up and his music in the jukebox and to let the bar owner know that hey, your place was recommended to them as the spot to go...just in case they might. So in talking to the bar owner he was like all for giving me what i was looking for and wanting to know what he could do to get them there. so i told him i had no connections to Kris or the band but being that the bar owner is from Valpo and and grad of VU and a local business owner that maybe if he sent a note to Kris via his contacts at the college, he might be able to at least get the message to him that this bar that someone recommended in the tour book is maybe worth checking out.

The after party was not my idea (although a good one) . The UPC folks at VU only responded to my original private FB request from over a week ago to them for extra flyers and info about ticket sales and venue capacity, when they saw today i posted a note on the concert page to concert goers about a possible after party suggested by LP. UPC deleted that post and apparently realized I was the same person who's private message was still sitting in their inbox so they chose to respond (although not completely) to both my message and my post in one response which you saw below. I never asked them to get behind any party, never expected them to get behind the party, never expected them to persuade or even talk to Kris or band about a party or the bar....was just trying on my own to make Kris' visit in Valpo as nice as possible. The fan party is a very cool idea but I was not thinking of me/fans at all. Heck my daughter is coming to the concert but too young to go to the bar anyway....again, i just wanted my suggestions in the tour book to pan out great for Kris should he decide to take any of them in..........I also choose to look at the cup as half full. Kris and the guys like old pubs right? There is no tour date the next day right? I will be the one hoping they do show instead of counting them out. As for the university, they could learn a lot about promoting their shows from this group. We didn't see a single sign off-campus for this event. the radio stations aren't talking about it. I live here and found out about the concert from my friend and yours, Jill. I didn't want to be embarrassed that Valpo did nothing to welcome him.....ok rant over

Nick said:
Yeah I always assumed the college would not get behind any kind of official after party, which is fine.  That part will be simply by word of mouth.  

As for Kris or the bands involvement, it's best to count completely on that not happening.  

Elle Higgins said:

Jennie Picciola said:

Valpo Upc
Hi Jennie-

UPC

Jennie! don't be upset! No one is! We're just trying to plan on what we can plan on - which is us. You did an awesome thing and an awesome job promoting the show. There's no need to rant at all. We're all looking forward to coming to the bar and if Kris checks out the places in his tour book it'll be awesome.

*hugs*
Wouldn't worry about it at all.  Asking the school and them saying no is not a big deal.  Best way to approach this from here to the show is to treat the after party as something we only advertise with word of mouth.  Whatever the bar owner does to advertise it is up to him, but our part in this ap is to go there after and have a fun time.  That is it.

Elle Higgins said:
Jennie! don't be upset! No one is! We're just trying to plan on what we can plan on - which is us. You did an awesome thing and an awesome job promoting the show. There's no need to rant at all. We're all looking forward to coming to the bar and if Kris checks out the places in his tour book it'll be awesome. *hugs*
Jennie, just wanted to chime in again to thank you and your daughter (and Nick ;) ) for all your efforts, and to reiterate that you shouldn't worry at all about the University saying they couldn't help or whatever. Whether Kris or the band come to the afterparty or not, I know several fans who will be there, happy to enjoy a good time after a great concert. And the pub owner being willing to help to promo the event is great!

I'm super excited about this show!
I love you Jennie!!! {{{squishers}}} I'll call you tomorrow :) I just got that message from late last night..... you did such an awesome job.... I'm so excited for this concert and to see you again.. and I finally get to meet Jenna :) :)
I agree with what everyone else is saying. Jennie and Nick did a great thing, and that bar owner is going to get a lot of business after the show from us! It sounds like a blast, I can't wait. If Kris or any of KAB comes, that would just be gravy.

Jennie Picciola said:
thanks everyone very excited about Saturday. hope you all (and especially KAB) have a great time in Valpo and at the show and for those who can attend the after party...i sent the FB invite to Elle and will leave it up to her to post or share the details here.... I will have directions on how to get to the party from the venue too. Safe travels everyone!
DETAILS ABOUT THE PARTY!!!!

Where: Franklin House in Valpariso, IND

When: After the Show!

What: Discounted Dranks (30% off with your Kris ticket --- make sure to keep your stub!) Also $2.00 Sex on the Beach Shots, Red-Headed Sluts (lmao omg he picked the drinks I did not!) and Long Island Tea Jello Shots (we're all gonna die) $2.00 PBRs and $3.00 Blue Moons.

Also: Kris and Adam songs on the Karaoke. Karaoke is run by a fellow named DJ Big J

So excited, pass this info around to anyone you know that's going. Great job setting this up Jennie!
Sounds awesome!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Little Pawns.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service