Little Pawns

Last.fm Task One - Get set up then "set and forget"!

If you're already a member of Last.fm, then you can skip "Getting set up" and just do the "Set and forget" bit...

Getting set up

If you aren’t already on Last.fm, it’s easy.

a. Sign up (it’s free.  Pick your username carefully though – you CANNOT change it once you’ve signed up.).

b. Download the scrobbler (for mac, pc or linux)

c. Read and follow “Set and forget” below.

FAQ’S

• Scrobbling takes up really minimal bandwidth – for anyone on dialup, it won’t suck your bandwidth.
  • You don’t have to be connected to the internet all the time.  The scrobbler you downloaded onto your computer will keep count and upload to Last.fm when you connect.  (When you reconnect you should be prompted to “scrobble” – just say yes!)

Set and forget

MAKE SURE YOUR ALBUMS/SONGS ARE LABELLED CORRECTLY

For increasing awareness of Kris on Last.fm, make sure whatever you play of his, has his name “Kris Allen” (no “quotation” marks) as the Artist or Artist Name or whatever your music player names it.

The end of year Top 40 collection does not include live albums, greatest hits collections, EP’s and singles, so you don’t have to change all the rips from live shows that you’ve labelled “hot new song!”. 

BUT official albums must be labelled correctly (as they were named by the record label). 

AND, if you want to increase awareness of Kris – and have the fun of seeing your play count of his songs on your own personal charts – it’s a good idea to have his name in the Artist section of your music manager.

Your work here is done!  That’s it, seriously.  You can set this up, and contribute to Kris’s success just by playing his songs on your music player at home.  (Or in the office – if work lets you, download the scrobbler onto your work computer…)

ETA: We've had some suggestions of other software to use - we'll remind everyone again about these two programs later.  If you're new to Last.fm, don't worry, they aren't necessary to getting Kris's plays counted in your scrobbler. Thanks to you guys that suggested them :-)

If you're a Pandora user then  LastPandora  allows you to scrobble your tracks to Last.fm automatically while you're using Pandora.  I don't (can't because I'm not in the US) use Pandora, so I can't give you any tips on it, but I'm sure if people need help they could ask some of the other forum members.  If it's really popular, we could do a task for it if a Pandora user helps :-)

The other suggestion was an app for iPhone/iPod users called iScrob.  Which is available in the iTunes store.  I'm going to give it a go & if there's any quirks, I'll let you know.

On to Task Two - Tags

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do this everyday anyways. :)

Glad to help!

Yay!  That is so cool :-)

Look out for the future tasks - there may be something you don't already do, I know there was for me when I started researching this & I've been on Last.fm for 5yrs now...

RSS

© 2014   Created by Little Pawns.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service