Little Pawns

Welcome everyone! This is the Official Kris Allen Street Team: Little Pawns. Your Little Pawns Team Leaders are: Kathy T, Emjay Huston, and Julie. 

The goals of this Street Team are simple:

1. To mobilize Kris Allen fans from all over the US and abroad in order to get the word out about Kris, his music and his amazing talent.
  2. To organize the fan base in such a way as to promote Kris.
  3. To broaden Kris's fanbase and get them to his shows.

We welcome anyone who would like to be part of this street team in any capacity. You don't have to make it a full time job, but we're hoping for some sort of commitment. Being part of this street team requires effort and tons of energy and enthusiasm. You have to be willing to call up radio stations and request, utilize social media in order to spread Kris's music, and keep focus as to the goals of the project.

While this may all sound like a lot of work, this is also potential for some fun. Kris fans are some of the funniest and most down-to-earth people we've encountered, and it's exciting to be involved in a project that benefits Kris but can also bring everyone together. So welcome everyone, we hope you all feel at home, and we hope we can all be fast friends!

If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions please let us know by emailing littlepawns@gmail.com

Have fun, guys! And welcome! Take a look at our "Getting Started" section to...well, get started! ;)

Tags: Introduce, Little, Pawns, Yourself, goals

Views: 941

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey friends!

I'm Elle! I'm guess if there's a role I fill it'd be something to do with screaming random things and cracking wise. I see myself as a great person to go to if you want to talk ideas. I'm a pretty creative person and you can count on me to be endlessly optimistic. I came at this idea from the perspective of funneling all the energy in fandom towards a positive goal. Which is, ultimately, a Kris Concert on the Moon. We can all wear rocket boots. Mine will have glitter.

I've been a Kris Allen fan since immediately after the Idol Finale. Once I stopped rending my garments and tearing out my hair, I stopped and remembered that I'd always kinda liked the guy's voice. And then all his press tours with Adam really got me loving him as a person. And then he just kind of wormed his way into my heard and before I knew it I was flailing on top of a manhole cover cause I just met him. I'm still a HUGE Adam Lambert fan, and I have a lot of love in my heart for my fellow "bistansuals." Seeing him in concert several times has only deepend my appreciation. I know I'm preaching to the converted here but he's just so goshdarn great!

As I mentioned in my email, we need to think big but start small. The goals above are really narrow right now but they will grow with time, membership, and everyone's ideas. I am really looking foreward to planning this all with you guys! I can't wait to make new friends and help bring Kris's music to the wider audience it deserves.

Opa!
Hi hi

My name's Kat! Um, I go to a lot of shows and scream inappropriate things at Kris during them...sometimes. I've always been on the periphery of this fandom, not really belonging to any one group or "side" but just finding connections with people based on our mutual love (obsession) with this little dude. My support of Kris has mainly just been personal: buying albums, gifting singles, going to shows, requesting it on my radio station, voting for him when a link pops up, etc. But I'd love to help do MORE. I just need to know how, which makes this site awesome :D

So more of my kris background. I've been a fan of Kris since towards the end of Idol but didn't really stan him until his album came out. I did vote once for him on the show though (I had the laziness down even before I was a Krisbert). I think joining fandom really got me a lot more involved because then I learned so much more about him as an artist and as a person and idk idk, I've been doomed since. Being around a bunch of enablers doesn't help either. Once I actually saw him live, there was no turning back. I will not embarrass myself by recapping the number of shows I've been to or how many miles I've driven (and flown) in order to do so, even though I know you all can match me show for show lol.

Anyways, bottom line. I love this guy, as an artist and just as a person, and I want him to succeed. I firmly believe he hasn't shown us his best yet, and that makes me so excited to follow his career and to join this street team so I can tell other people how great he is / will be.

<3 Kat
yaaay! That's a great story! being in fandom can be so rewarding and at the same time, really enabling. It's hard to say NO when you've got all this positive energy around

Kathleen Chan said:
Hi hi

My name's Kat! Um, I go to a lot of shows and scream inappropriate things at Kris during them...sometimes. I've always been on the periphery of this fandom, not really belonging to any one group or "side" but just finding connections with people based on our mutual love (obsession) with this little dude. My support of Kris has mainly just been personal: buying albums, gifting singles, going to shows, requesting it on my radio station, voting for him when a link pops up, etc. But I'd love to help do MORE. I just need to know how, which makes this site awesome :D

So more of my kris background. I've been a fan of Kris since towards the end of Idol but didn't really stan him until his album came out. I did vote once for him on the show though (I had the laziness down even before I was a Krisbert). I think joining fandom really got me a lot more involved because then I learned so much more about him as an artist and as a person and idk idk, I've been doomed since. Being around a bunch of enablers doesn't help either. Once I actually saw him live, there was no turning back. I will not embarrass myself by recapping the number of shows I've been to or how many miles I've driven (and flown) in order to do so, even though I know you all can match me show for show lol.

Anyways, bottom line. I love this guy, as an artist and just as a person, and I want him to succeed. I firmly believe he hasn't shown us his best yet, and that makes me so excited to follow his career and to join this street team so I can tell other people how great he is / will be.

<3 Kat
lol exactly. i now know that if i need justification to drive another 100 miles to see kris, i just need to ask my feed b/c they will ALWAYS say "yes, you should" lol.

Elle Higgins said:
yaaay! That's a great story! being in fandom can be so rewarding and at the same time, really enabling. It's hard to say NO when you've got all this positive energy around

Kathleen Chan said:
Hi hi

<3 Kat
Kathleen Chan said:
lol exactly. i now know that if i need justification to drive another 100 miles to see kris, i just need to ask my feed b/c they will ALWAYS say "yes, you should" lol.

What can I say? We're enablers lol
Hey guys,
My name's Carol. People call me Caroline, but that's not my actual name. I have the misfortune of living in Canada and have never heard him live :( Despite that, I am still a Kris Allen fan. I like him as a person, and as a musician. Do I creepily obsess over him? I hope not, even though I joke that I do.

Like Elle, I'm a lapsed glambert. No, really. I was convinced he was the best thing since sliced bread after his Ring of Fire performance. When I think back to it... Anyway. I really started noticing Kris when he sang Falling Slowly on the show. I'd like to think I just like good music lol

Kris is not that big in Canada, but I know a few fans of his who live here in my city. I've been in Fandom (not just the Kris Allen fandom) for over a decade now. I've recently started making in-real-life weekly plans for brunches/dinners between fans of all kind of people/shows. Just this week, I met a glambert over lunch! It was awesome!

I'd love to help with whatever you guys will be doing.
Hi everybody, I'm Kathy.... @kt_cle on twitter. I was a secret Kris fan all along... he was my first (idol I'd ever voted for, that is). I lived in this world of isolated fandom, secretly listening to idol tour cellcasts, swearing all along that I wasn't going to go the Idol show here in Cleveland. Yeah, that lasted all of a month after the finale.

And then I discovered twitter and realized that I wasn't alone in my obsession... who knew??? But really, I'm a level-headed sort of person, thinking things through, not acting on a whim. I'd never plan a vacation to say... the Bahamas... just because...oh wait, nevermind. I mean, I'd never go see a country artist like Keith Urban just so I could watch... oh wait, nevermind. No really, I'd never abandon a plan to visit my sister at the last minute and buy a ticket for a 2nd Kreith concert and drive 6 hours in the opposite direction from my home... aww crap.

Yeah, a year ago, I never would have predicted it. But it's been an amazing year filled with great new friends and adventures. I was proud to be involved in the Alright With Moo project... seriously, one of the coolest experiences of my life... and the Tour Book gift. And now I'm so excited to have a chance to support Kris in a different way. I'm good at organizing ideas and mapping them out and thinking through the details of a project. I'm also good at politely nagging my local DJs with my requests... so I think I'm in the right place.

I can't wait to get started!
hi carol :P

Carol Lee said:
Hey guys,
My name's Carol. People call me Caroline, but that's not my actual name. I have the misfortune of living in Canada and having never heard him live :( Despite that, I am still a Kris Allen fan. I like him as a person, and as a musician. Do I creepily obsess over him? I hope not, even though I joke that I do.

Like Elle, I'm a lapsed glambert. No, really. I was convinced he was the best thing since sliced bread after his Ring of Fire performance. When I think back to it... Anyway. I really started noticing Kris when he sang Falling Slowly on the show. I'd like to think I just like good music lol

Kris is not that big in Canada, but I know a few fans of his who live here in my city. I've been in Fandom (not just the Kris Allen fandom) for over a decade now. I've recently started making in-real-life weekly plans for brunches/dinners between fans of all kind of people/shows. Just this week, I met a glambert over lunch! It was awesome!

Hay! I'm not a lapsed Glambert! . I DO still think he's the best thing since sliced bread. Well he and Kris. :) i do shudder to think of how I acted and how much...anger i had in my heart for our poor bb when he won. Oh well it was short lived. <33

Carol Lee said:
Hey guys,
My name's Carol. People call me Caroline, but that's not my actual name. I have the misfortune of living in Canada and having never heard him live :( Despite that, I am still a Kris Allen fan. I like him as a person, and as a musician. Do I creepily obsess over him? I hope not, even though I joke that I do.

Hi! I'm Aimee :)
Oh hey Kat hey :P

Kathleen Chan said:
hi carol :P

Carol Lee said:
Hey guys,

hi kathy :D

Kathy Tibaldi said:
Hi everybody, I'm Kathy.... @kt_cle on twitter. I was a secret Kris fan all along... he was my first (idol I'd ever voted for, that is). I lived in this world of isolated fandom, secretly listening to idol tour cellcasts, swearing all along that I wasn't going to go the Idol show here in Cleveland. Yeah, that lasted all of a month after the finale.

And then I discovered twitter and realized that I wasn't alone in my obsession... who knew??? But really, I'm a level-headed sort of person, thinking things through, not acting on a whim. I'd never plan a vacation to say... the Bahamas... just because...oh wait, nevermind. I mean, I'd never go see a country artist like Keith Urban just so I could watch... oh wait, nevermind. No really, I'd never abandon a plan to visit my sister at the last minute and buy a ticket for a 2nd Kreith concert and drive 6 hours in the opposite direction from my home... aww crap.

Yeah, a year ago, I never would have predicted it. But it's been an amazing year filled with great new friends and adventures. I was proud to be involved in the Alright With Moo project... seriously, one of the coolest experiences of my life... and the Tour Book gift. And now I'm so excited to have a chance to support Kris in a different way. I'm good at organizing ideas and mapping them out and thinking through the details of a project. I'm also good at politely nagging my local DJs with my requests... so I think I'm in the right place.

I can't wait to get started!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Little Pawns.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service