Little Pawns

Hello and Welcome to the Green Team!!!

If you are located in one of the following states / areas, you are considered a member of the green team...

Alabama
Arkansas
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Louisiana
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
North Dakota
South Dakota
Wisconsin

Your regional team captains are Elle Higgins and Nick. Please approach them for any questions or concerns you might have.

Remember that the whole concept of this project is to work together as a team.  Get to know the radio stations in your area, and get to know other Kris fans within that area.  Help each other promote Kris in any way you can.

Views: 44

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Patti said:
Hey Jill!
I emailed them, too. Did you hear back from anyone? When I emailed about LLWD last year, they responded, but so far they haven't about AWM. I also emailed Eric & Kathy about having Kris on their show when he's in town.
Just that response from Jeff so far.... I was going to link the MTV interview to all the DJ's next week so it's fresh in their minds when they start talking about the Kris/Lifehouse concert nov. 5th..... They already did all the ticket give-aways, but they may still chat about it..... fingers crossed :)
Since MS is sadly void of monitored HAC stations (IKR?) I'm researching ones I can actually target here.

For now, this one is legit local to me, so no iffy requesting \o/ lol.

WYOY
101.7 MHz
Format: Top 40
Address: 265 Highpoint Dr. Ridgeland, MS 39157
Phone: Y101 Request Line 601-995-1017
Program Director: carson@y101.com
Assistant Program Director/Music Director: nate@y101.com
Owner: New South Radio, Inc.
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/Y101Jackson

This station played LLWD a good amount, so I am optimistic about them.
Milwaukee
WMYX - 99.1
Format: HAC
Address: Entercom Milwaukee, LLC
11800 West Grange Avenue
Hales Corners, WI 53130

There aren't email address given, but you can send an email to the appropriate department (music/onair) via the online form. http://www.991wmyx.com/pages/4928168.php?ranId=0.46459197347052255

phone: 414-799-1099

website - www.991wmyx.com

They play LLWD still, so who knows? I sent a very polite email to their music department introducing myself, informing them that Kris was coming to town, and asking them to Spin "Alright With Me" and to consider having him on air while he's in Milwaukee.

Hopefully I'll hear back!
Just wanted to mention one thing: just because Kris is generally more readily accepted at HAC stations, don't forget to request AWM at Pop too. I'd really like to see it be a multi-format hit like LLWD. I'm not sure if Jive has released it to Pop yet, but I can't imagine ever a bad thing to get DJs/PDs/MDs to hear us being excited and interested in his music - they'll be more likely to add it once it is released to Pop, if so...
I agree. Alice 107.7 in LR is playing it, partly because Kris is our home boy but also because we are requesting it. I think AWM has as much crossover potential as LLWD. If other pop stations see it getting spins on pop, they will likely add it, too.

BTW, you can listen online to Alice 107.7 and email requests.
KLAL
107.7 MHZ
Format: Top 40/Dance Alice @ 107.7
Address: 700 Wellington Hills Road Little Rock, Arkansas 72211
Phone: 501-401-0200; requests: 501-433-1077
Owner: Citadel Broadcasting
Web Site: http://www.alice1077.com

Bushytailed said:
Just wanted to mention one thing: just because Kris is generally more readily accepted at HAC stations, don't forget to request AWM at Pop too. I'd really like to see it be a multi-format hit like LLWD. I'm not sure if Jive has released it to Pop yet, but I can't imagine ever a bad thing to get DJs/PDs/MDs to hear us being excited and interested in his music - they'll be more likely to add it once it is released to Pop, if so...
Go green team! :) I don't think there are any monitored stations near me, but I have been requesting at my local HAC and Pop station.
So yay... wtmx in Chicago spun it last night on it's New Tunes program!!! I'm very very excited about that.. to say the least :) \o/
Yay! So proud of my city! :) Now if we can get them to move it out of the New Music Hour and into the regular rotation, I'd be super happy (TT was mired in New Music Hour & overnight the entire time they played it on WTMX...)

Jill said:
So yay... wtmx in Chicago spun it last night on it's New Tunes program!!! I'm very very excited about that.. to say the least :) \o/
Awesome news that it got featured for Slam it or Jam It in Stevens Point. That's a big college town in WI.

I'm hitting up MWYX in Milwaukee almost daily (using different names and computers lol)

Bushytailed said:
Yay! So proud of my city! :) Now if we can get them to move it out of the New Music Hour and into the regular rotation, I'd be super happy (TT was mired in New Music Hour & overnight the entire time they played it on WTMX...)

Jill said:

Yay, Chicago! I've been requesting, and also emailed the morning DJs to ask them to have Kris on when he's in town.
Hey guys, we need a team captain for the Green Team. This person will be considered Regional Captain and will be responsible for making sure that everyone on the team is up to speed with spin updates, which markets to keep track of and which radio stations to keep courting. You will also be in charge of heading up promo for solo shows that happen in your area.

Any takers?

Starr said:
Hey guys, we need a team captain for the Green Team. This person will be considered Regional Captain and will be responsible for making sure that everyone on the team is up to speed with spin updates, which markets to keep track of and which radio stations to keep courting. You will also be in charge of heading up promo for solo shows that happen in your area.

Any takers?

Woah. Spin captains and show promo captains should probably be different things. I just assumed Nick would be our spin guy cause he's in Chicago.

Also, for instance, I would make an awful spin captain but a pretty good show captain, if I do say so myself. Not that that would ALWAYS be the case, but still. Also the Green REGION is freaking HUGE geographically. I'm happy to captain for shows in Wisconsin or Illinois but having me captain a show in Mississippi is pretty impossible.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Little Pawns.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service