Little Pawns

This is a place for all your ideas. You don't have to have the HOW part down yet, just toss things out there as they occur to you and your fellow LPs will try and come up with an action plan. When we've got some workable ideas, we'll move them into the applicable topics (Show, Radio, Video, Social Media) and get the ball rolling.

This is also a good place to talk about larger-scope things. If you've got ideas on how the group should function, how ideas should flow, another category for the site, put it down.

Remember you guys, this is the ground floor. You're part of the beginning and this is all just the framework. I want this to be the sum of all our ideas and efforts!

Views: 254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Elle Higgins said:
I had an idea I think we should run with.since this nude sleepwalking story is getting attention... Well on my radio station the djs are always like "someone tweeted me this story" or w/e.

Excellent idea! Posted to my station's Facebook! Made sure to mention it was MTV so the source was credible, etc.

Great idea, Elle. I also like the People's Choice Awards thing. If other fans do it, why not Kris fans? And thanks for the link. Maybe we already have this, but it would be good to have a page with just links. I'm gonna be much more inclined to send this to my DJ if it's easy to access; otherwise, I'll get distracted by something else and it will never happen.

Orihara Kaoru said:
Here's a link to the Kris sleepwalking story for those who want it: http://on.mtv.com/dst7bR

I like this idea. Whether or not we get an AWM video will depend on how well the song does, so I say let's do this!!
Orihara Kaoru said:
I think we should have a fan push to buy copies of AWM. As you know, the BB200 is based on spins plus single sales (from places like iTunes and Amazon).

We just need to figure out when would be the best time to do this (to maximize the impact). I know lots of people who would be willing to gift 5-10 copies or whatever, and every little bit helps! :)

Then we could promote the campaign everywhere we can think of: Twitter (of course), ontd_ai, KAAddicts, KAO, MJs, and all other Kris- or Idol-centric forum-y places. :)
For the show promo, maybe we could try and partner up with any Lifehouse fan blogs, street teams, etc. and do a cross promotion so they are talking up Kris as well as Lifehouse while we are talking up Lifehouse as well as Kris?
That sounds great! Could I send you on a ~scouting mission to see if there is a fandom for lifehouse and if they have big name stans we can contact?

Tracey Graham said:
For the show promo, maybe we could try and partner up with any Lifehouse fan blogs, street teams, etc. and do a cross promotion so they are talking up Kris as well as Lifehouse while we are talking up Lifehouse as well as Kris?
Guys, the release date anniversary of kris's album is coming up. Should we do a big AWM purchase push on that day?
what about targeting some of the places Kris is always talking about. Go to a local Chik-Fil-A or WalMart and hand out some flyers. I would say personalize the flyer to the business, but I don't know if we could use a Chik-Fil-A or WalMart logo in a way without suggesting that they are sponsoring the show, s we'd have to figure a way around that.

Also see if a clothing store like Urban Outfitters or Anthropologie would allow us to leae some flyers on a table or at the register.

Also I know that people who know they are playing a specific venue often have their street team or promotion people hang out at shows at that venue weeks in advance and talk up their upcoming show and hand out flyers, etc to whoever they can. You meet someone at the venue's bar, for instance? Maybe ask him/her about what other shows they've seen at the venue or what they like or don't like about the venue, then find a way to casually introduce Kris' upcoming show into the conversation

Elle Higgins said:
That sounds great! Could I send you on a ~scouting mission to see if there is a fandom for lifehouse and if they have big name stans we can contact?

yeah I can totally do some research into this
Tracey Graham said:

Elle Higgins said:

Tracey Graham said:

okay, I found a fansite called EverythingLifehouse.com. It is run by someone named Becky and it has a twitter page (twitter.com/Everything Lifehouse) that has more than 1,000 followers. I couldn't get into the fan forum on the website as you have to be registered to do that.

Lifehouse also has an official street team with more than 1,000 members that was started in 2009. Here's an article about it:

http://www.fancorps.com/spotlight/lifehouse/

http://www.facebook.com/lifehouse?v=app_6009294086

again, you have to sign up to learn much about this

For whatever it's worth, I registered. There was 1 user online, so not a lot of activity. The most peeps online at one time was 32. I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for, but I'll message my registration info to you in case you want to look anything up. I know it's a pain to register everywhere.

Tracey Graham said:

Elle Higgins said:

Tracey Graham said:

okay, I found a fansite called EverythingLifehouse.com. It is run by someone named Becky and it has a twitter page (twitter.com/Everything Lifehouse) that has more than 1,000 followers. I couldn't get into the fan forum on the website as you have to be registered to do that.

Lifehouse also has an official street team with more than 1,000 members that was started in 2009. Here's an article about it:

http://www.fancorps.com/spotlight/lifehouse/

http://www.facebook.com/lifehouse?v=app_6009294086

again, you have to sign up to learn much about this
There was a time (not so long ago) when I went to Target and Wal-Mart every weekend and checked how many of Kris's CDs they had in stock. I occasionally checked Borders, Sam's, etc., but a lot of those places only stock the albums when they're new. Now that Christmas is just around the corner (eek!), do you guys think we need to email or call any of the retail stores to see if they plan to get the album in? I bring this up because I know several members of my FB group who could not find the album last year, and they wanted to give it to friends as a Christmas gift. I also know that our Wal-Mart recently downsized their music department. =( Granted a lot of people download music these days (sometimes for a fee!), but a lot of people like me like to hold the CD in their hands. And while I ~know that Kris doesn't make a lot of money off the albums, I'm so dang tired of seeing people refer to his album as the lowest selling album of any idol in the history of the show. I'd like to change that. Your thoughts/ideas?

Diane/Shopgirl said:
There was a time (not so long ago) when I went to Target and Wal-Mart every weekend and checked how many of Kris's CDs they had in stock. I occasionally checked Borders, Sam's, etc., but a lot of those places only stock the albums when they're new. Now that Christmas is just around the corner (eek!), do you guys think we need to email or call any of the retail stores to see if they plan to get the album in? I bring this up because I know several members of my FB group who could not find the album last year, and they wanted to give it to friends as a Christmas gift. I also know that our Wal-Mart recently downsized their music department. =( Granted a lot of people download music these days (sometimes for a fee!), but a lot of people like me like to hold the CD in their hands. And while I ~know that Kris doesn't make a lot of money off the albums, I'm so dang tired of seeing people refer to his album as the lowest selling album of any idol in the history of the show. I'd like to change that. Your thoughts/ideas?

Great idea. My thought would be that for a weekly mission (perhaps I'll pop it up the second week of november) We'll send folks on scouting missions to their local retail stores so they can report back. I know my local Best Buy stocked it last time I checked, but that was a few months ago

RSS

© 2014   Created by Little Pawns.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service